What Is an Otherkin?
- Further explanation by Orion Scribner
- An excellent explanation of therianthropes (can largely be applied to otherkin as well)
- An explanation of fictionkin
- A Skeptic’s Guide to Therianthropy (can still largely be applied to otherkin)
- Una introducción simple a Theriántropos y Otherkins
Where Did Otherkin Come From?
- Orion Scribner has written many articles and pages about therians and otherkin, and has compiled this nifty timeline of our history.
- Cronologia Otherkin (historia de la otherkin y la comunidad otherkin)
- Cronologia Therian (historia de la teriantropía y la comunidad therian)
- House of Chimeras has a detailed breakdown of the history of the therian community, along with the histories of plantkin and otherkin, multiples and otherkin, and the unicorn community.
How do I know if I am otherkin/How do I find my kin/theriotype?
- Identifying your Otherkin Species
- Soulsearch (And Keep Walking) – A 4-Part series
- A Warning Against Divination to Determine Kintypes
What does Other-hearted/Otherkith/Synpath Mean?
- Otherkin vs Other-hearted
- History of the Term “Animal-Hearted”
- Common Themes in the Early Animal-Hearted Scene [archived]
- Synpath FAQ
What does Alterhuman mean?
What are copinglinks, otherlinks, and coping/otherlinkers?
- This is the original definition proposed by I-am-Page on Tumblr.
- More information to be added
What about “factkin?”
What is Plurality?
- Healthy Multiplicity – A site maintained by LB Lee as an archive of various links and resources to do with multiples and medians, DID and non-DID
- r/Plural’s Glossary – from a subreddit dedicated to inclusive plurality
- Kinhost.org – a large, wiki-style website that hosts a glossary, podcasts, and guides on living together as plurals and learning how to get along with your headmates and function together as a system
What are median plurals?
- The Wonderful World of the Midcontinuum – A resource created by the Vickis about the dissociative midcontinuum, an older term for what “median” would come to replace; hosts many essays
- Becoming Median – A personal account of one system’s experiences with integration and separateness in becoming median. (CW for frank discussion of integration and distress surrounding it)
Forums and Community Spaces
- Alt+H – Has a Discord server and separate forum; inclusive of all alterhumans + people who wanna hang with them, be they otherkin, therian, other-hearted, plural, copinglinker, human, or something different, undefinable, or unlisted here.
- Werelist– Specifically for therians. Has a lot of history and many threads full of interesting topics and discourse.
- БЕРТ - A forum for therians in Belarus; unsure if still active but worth a mention as a forum that isn’t English-language by default[DEFUNCT]
- Los Daimonions - a Spanish-language daemonism forum
- Otherkin Hispano Forums a Spanish-language forum for otherkin that is unfortunately in read-only mode now, but is still a good resource.
- r/Plural – an inclusive plural subreddit
- Voices of the Vampire Community–Modern vampires are different from otherkin, but still remain a loosely connected group. This is a website providing information and articles regarding vampirism.
- Project Shift – “an information and resource site, aimed at providing the public with up-to-date information on therianthropy and the therianthropic community.”
- Werelibrary – an index of writing all about therianthropy
- Theba?de- Essays on animality by a Clouded leopard/common raven therian. One of my favorites :V
- Absurdism – Essays by Quil, a leopard therian.
- Being Lion – Essays by a Barbary Lion therian.
- The Sanctuary – Essays by Sonne (spiritus-sonne), a polytherian and vampirekin.
- Between Forest and Sea – Essays on plurality and nonhumanity by House of Chimeras.
- Otherkin.net – a collection of essays by various authors on otherkinity.
- Darkfang Archive–“A curated database of various sites, writings and social spaces regarding a series of subjects, including Otherkin, Therianthropy and Real Vampirism. These span more than 20 years of internet history.”
- Birds of a Feather -“Birds of a Feather is a collaborative project with a simple purpose: to gather bird-related resources in a hub for bird-people (ie. therians and otherkin who identify in part or whole as birds; who feel they are type of bird or bird-like creature, instead of or along with being human, identity-wise).”
- Elenari.net – A collection of writings by the Elenari, a group of elven otherkin (though other mythical races also lived on the Elenari homeworlds) who share memories of their elven lives that have common elements of history, culture, and language.
- Draconic – One of the largest communities for dragon otherkin, created in 1998.
- Draconity FAQ ? An FAQ written by Baxil to provide an introduction to Draconity and the Draconic community.
- Tomorrowlands – (from Draconity) “Baxil’s site has essays, including an essay about how he realized he is a dragon, a short story about his draconic history, the ClaWrite alphabet, a few original drawings, and much more.”
- Felinity Defined – The personal website of a cat therian.
- Noctalium - A Spanish-language site providing information on modern/‘real’ vampires, otherkin and therians.
- Ex Uno Plures - a personal site maintained by the Plures House containing essays and information on plurality.
- The Therianthropy Research Group
- An Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis of Identity in the Therian Community(I have the full article for anyone interested in reading it.)
- The Law of the Jungle: Self and Community in the Online Therianthropy Movement.(I have yet to read this, but it exists.)
- Anthrozoomorphic Identity and Alternative Spirituality in the Online Therianthropy Movement (currently trying to obtain a copy)
- Exploring Religion and the Sacred in a Media Age (Discusses Otherkin)
- Alternative Worlds: Metaphysical questing and virtual community amongst the Otherkin (Have yet to read)
- We Are Spirits of Another Sort: Ontological Rebellion and Religious Dimensions of the Otherkin Community (working on getting a copy)
- Therianthropy: A State of Being: Guest Lecture (Trevor Addie)
ANTH-331 ?Taboos? - American University (Washington, DC)
House of Chimeras has these and more sources on otherkin/therians HERE.